Sunday, August 07, 2011

100 Followers! Thank you



100 Followers Thank you all !



I just logged in to check on the blog and I could hardly believe my eyes when I see the follower column - there's 100 followers following my blog.

When I first created this blog just to have some fun, I didn't think that I'd have followers or so many people come to check out my blogs and share their thoughts.

To celebrate this I decide to post up a recipe that is on my next book for all my followers. I hope you guys will like it.

This is a savoury-sweet macaron which I named Blue - it's filled with French blue cheese (Roquefort) with a piece of sweet wine jelly inside.

Special thanks to my hubby who gets his hand dirty and made the cheese filling. I hate cheese (except for Mascarpone & Mozarella) - sorry cheese lovers - the thought of the smell of dairy turns my tummy, plus I can't digest them and if I abuse the dose - I ended up with tummy ache (in the case of eating tiramisu which I love) .

Whenever I touch a piece of butter, I'll go washing my hands frantically until the smell of the butter is gone (this happen well, when I make butter cream). Cheese is probably my worst enemy, in the sense of smell/texture/taste - so I can't really bare to touch a piece of cheese and have my fingers smelling like ermm.... feet. lol.

Those macs are for guinea pigs in my family - it was approved!

Nevertheless, to all the cheese lovers hope you guys enjoy it!


Enjoy!


For the shell

Ingredients

* 1 egg white (40g)
* 30g castor sugar

* 50g icing sugar
* 30g almond powder
(Blend together)

* few drops of liquid blue
food colouring
(or mix 1/4 teaspoon blue
food colouring powder with
few drops of water)

Methods:
1. In a blender, mix up the almond powder and icing sugar, sieve it and set aside

2. Using an electric beater, beat up the egg white till frothy, add in half of the castor sugar, keep beating till you get a soft peak and then add in the rest of the sugar. Beat to stiff peak.

3. Add the blended dry ingredients to the stiff egg white.

4. Add dry mixture to the stiffed egg white. Keep folding until you get a mixture that flow slowly like lava. This should take about 50 folds. The mixture should be uniformed, shiny and when lifted it should flow down and form a thick ribbon.

5. Stop folding or else it would get too liquid to pipe.

6. Put a piece of baking sheet over a baking tray, pipe the mixture.

7. Pipe the macaron in the form of rain drop shape - press the piping bag then release the pressure while dragging down to make a pointy end.

8. When all mixture is piped, using a small brush, dip into the food colouring then dip softly over the piped shells.

9. Let the macaron sit until a shell is formed and it's nolonger sticked to the fingers when touched. Depanding on your room temperature, and air humidity this should takes somewhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour.

10. Pre heat the oven on 160 C with only top heating.

11. When the oven is heated up, put in the piped macarons, bake for 8 mins, the feet should already start forming at this stage.

12. Change the heating to bottom only, bake for another 6 minutes. To know if your macarons are baked, you could try it by gently touching the shells, when it's baked it should nolonger slide against the feet.

13. If the macaron is not baked yet, extense the baking time by 1 minutes and recheck.

14. Let macaron cooled before removing them from the baking sheet.

15. Match up all the similar size shells, and get ready for filling.






For Blue Cheese Ganache

1. In a small pot add in wine and agar agar powder. Bring it to boil for 2 minutes while stirring constantly.



2. Pour over a flat plat, let it cool to room temperature before putting it in the fridge for it to set.

3. Crush the cheese in a small bowl. Add in the cream and continue crushing any small piece of cheese in the bowl until everything is well mixed.



4. Put the bowl with the mixture in the freezer for 2 minutes. Whip it up until the mixture reaches the consistence of whipped cream.



5. Cut wine agar agar jelly into small squares. Fill one macaron shell, add wine jelly on top, put pea size filling over and close with another shell. Put in the fridge.


6. They are best eaten within the next 4-6 hours as the filling tends to humidify the macaron shells if kept for too long.

2 comments:

  1. hey came across ur site from mactweets last round-up i grew up in malaysia too, tho been living in uk for donkeys yrs now..love ur macs!

    pop by to mine too..if u crave for some msian stuff:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ weeee~~~~ love that.... like leaf shape~ yum3

    ReplyDelete